Which Chemical Peel is Best for Dark Brown and Red Marks on Face from Acne, TCA or Glycolic?

i have never undergone a chemical peel treatment and im planning to have one this month. should i go for tca or glycolic peeling? i have dark brown and red marks on my face due to acne. pls help me.

Best peel for me?

+1

Acne scarring is challenging to fix.  Your skin type (Fitzpatrick 4) is also a challenge - as it is more prone to pigmentation problems with any peel or ablative laser.  Doing a test patch in an inconspicuous area is a good idea.  In general, I would start cautiously with you.  Glycolic or beta peel as a first, small step.

Chemical peel and treastment of acne scars

+1

Neither TCA or Glycolic Acid chemical peels will make the deeper type of acne scars disappear.  The TCA will tend to penetrate deeper than the Glycolic Acid and therefore may be somewhat more effective with regard to the hyperpigmentation, but it also would carry a higher risk of scarring or hypopigmnetation.  Given your skin tone, whatever treatment you decide to have, I would suggest you have your physician first perform the procedure on a small, less visible, test patch area to see how your skin will respond.  Good luck.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon