Pls Tell Me if This is a Good Mini Tt Result? (photo)

i had a mini tt about a yr ago and wondering if this is how it should look - don't really see muscle tone, but muscles were put back together and button was floated down and inch so some skin was removed - not sure about how bb looks

Mini Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or better quality pictures a few words of caution may be helpful to patients considering tummy tuck surgery.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Mini Tummy Tuck and Belly Button Position

+1

It is difficult to answer your question about your abdomenoplasty because you aren't showin your entire abdomen, to the position of your belly button or umbilicus is not able to be assessed.

Additionally, has your weight remained stable since your tummy tuck?  Loosing significant weight ca cause you belly button to drop, while gaining weight may cause it to move up sightly.

What you do show seems to be a good result with the umbilicus in the midline.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Thanks for posting pictures, but you really need to show more in the picture.  It is important to see the incision and also your entire abdomen to make a judgement.  Additionally, without a pre-op picture, it is impossible to comment on your results.  Based on what I see, I would recommend  some additional liposuction of your upper abdomen if you are looking for more defined results.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD