Pleating After Vertical Lift, What Laser Treatment Can Address This?

Had vertical lift a month ago very disappointed of the scar going all the way to my rib and still have lots of pleating. I had a horrible benelli and thought that this was going to resolve the pleating. What lasers if any can help this I have waited too long to see results. Second surgery.....Also what laser for scar below the breast visible with a bra.HELP.

Pleating after vertical lift

+1

Without seeing photos it is hard to say, but the pleating in general in a vertical lift wil loften settle down in a few months.  It is definiely a bit of a trade-off in some cases as opposed to a full "T" closure.It also can always be revised when things settle down.

Scarring after vertical lift

+1

The issue after a vertical lift is that large amounts of skin are gathered into a small line.  Inevitably, gathering results.  The best way to resolve this issue is to convert the old Benelli style or aggressive vertical lifts to a Wise (anchor) pattern lift. 

Patients are generally much happier at the appearancve of their breasts and nipples afterward.

While each lift technique has its pros and cons, it is generally best to use powerful lifts for cases that need it, and not use weak lifts for cases where lots of lifting or shaping needs to be done.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Breast lift with vertical scar pleating

+1

With a vertical scar breast lift there is always pleading but one month, This is not nearly enough time for this scar to heal as well as it can. In my patients at one month they all still have some pleating but by 3 months 95% of this is gone. By year the scars look entirely different.

Don't panic you a long way to go before these scars look their best.

Wendell Perry, MD

Pleating after a vertical lift

+1

You can't cheat mother nature and in a Benelli and a vertical lift the excess skin is purse stringed in to try to minimize the scars.  But in my opinion, while shorter than ones in a central pedicle lift which uses a T, the scars are worse and pleated because they are not tailored as well in 3 dimensions.  Just my opinion though.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lifting Scar?

+1

It is difficult to give you good advice without direct examination.  This is best done by your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best.

Generally, I would not suggest any type of laser or surgical intervention one month after surgery. Much if not all of the “pleating” that you are experiencing generally resolves with time.

Again,  I would suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon and avoid additional modalities of treatment unless okayed by him/her.