Please, I Want to Know Information About Rhinoplaty Revision to Remove a Residual Bump?

i am 7 months after rhinoplasty and still have a bump , my doctor said if it is still there after one year he will use filler to Camouflage it . but i am not comfortable for this decision and i want to have a revision , will this revision need general anesthesia ? will i need splint after it ? please i want know more information .

Residual bump on nose

+1

A residual bump on the nose can be treated, but I suggest that you wait a full year for things to settle down.  Good luck.

+1

At one year, you may not have a residual hump, particularly if the hump is subtle at this point.  It is fairly easy to determine from a physical exam whether this is likely swelling or cartilage and / or bone.  If the hump is present at one year, a revision could be in order to remove the residual hump.  The extent and location of the hump will determine whether this will need more than local.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty

+1

You should wait 1 year for any revisions.  If the hump is still there, ask your surgeon why they are choosing filler over a revision.  If you don't like the answer, get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Fillers will be more expensive in the long run.  I think it's quite reasonable to request a revision.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Residual hump after rhinoplasty

+1

Removing a residual hump should be fairly straightforward and may or may not require general anaesthesia.  It is best to wait a full year prior to undergoing a touch up procedure.  Fillers are temporary and will not deal with the problem.

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Residual Bump 7 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I suggest you get a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty specialist. I question the timing of a revision and whether you have fillers or removal of the residual hump.