Please tell me the difference between Thermage and CPT thermage

I have had Thermage on my face and neck about 7 yrs ago and was not pleased with the results. It was also very painful. Is CPT Thermage any better? What is the cost for face and neck on Long Island, NY? Thank you

New and Improved Thermage CPT Total Tip Treatment

+1
It’s true that Thermage was painful and results were inconsistent 10 years ago when the technology first came out. Since then Solta the makers of Thermage have continued to improve the technology and efficacy. Their latest advance has been Thermage CPT with Total Tip technology.

Thermage CPT with a Total Tip, this is the newest machine with the most advanced technology. Thermage CPT uses focused radiofrequency energy to stimulate the body’s own natural renewal process utilizing gentle vibrations interspersed with a cooling sensation to make your treatment more comfortable. The Thermage Total Tip delivers double the maximum volume of bulk heat delivery for greater efficacy with the same safety profile.

A Thermage treatment can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin giving you a smoother, younger look with just one treatment and no down time. At my office I do multiple Thermages a week, our patients see results immediately off the table and continue to get improvement with Thermage CPT Total Tip treatments for up to 6 months as their skin regenerates new collagen. A Thermage CPT with Total Tip Technology treatment is what I recommend to my patients who want to improve the laxity of their skin.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this treatment is right for you and what cost for services would be.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

New Thermage CPT

+1
Thermage CPT is fabulous, non-painful, with great results.  The old Thermage was a different machine with different tips.  The New Thermage CPT has a universal tip that allows for deeper penetration and much better results.  In addition, the results last approximately two years.  Thermage heats the skin and allows new collagen formation to tighten the skin, especially around the face and neck.  Thermage is also very technique dependent.  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist in your area that has a lot of experience with Thermage.

Michele S. Green, MD