Please Make Suggestions on How Large I Should Get of an Implant and the Type of Gel Implants for Me? (photo)

I'm 5ft 4inch and 121 pounds. Currently a 32A and would like to be a small C. I would like gel implants. What is the best implants in terms of profile and what would you suggest in terms of CCs. I have a wish picture and my current picture.

Size

+1
As always hard to tell without an exam but I would guess 275cc round textured gel under the muscle should be a safe bet for a nice result

Simultaneous lift allows smaller implants

+1
At size 32 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you from a 32 A to a 32 C. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. The profile of the implant is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it and determines projection. I recommend a circumareola approach for placement of the implant, to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Size

+1

I would recommend using a sizing system and talking with your PS to see what size would work the best and minimize any risks at the same time.  Going from an A cup to a C cup shouldnt be a problem. 

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Implant size

+1

Thanks for your inquiry.  Without exact breast measurements it would be hard to be precise with an implant size.  After looking at your after picture desire I would pick a gel implant if you are at least 22 years old.  You also will need to consider a high profile breast implant. Please seek the opinion of a board certified surgeon in your area to try on sizers.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1

Thank you for your question and posting your photos.   Based on your photos, it does appear that you are a good candidate for breast augmentation with silicone gel implants.  The implant size for you depends on several variables.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Selecting breast implant size and profile

+1

When selecting breast implant diameter (width) I utilize dimensional planning, which matches the implant width to your chest wall dimensions.  The breasts in your "wish picture" demonstrate a rounded upper pole, which is commonly achieved using high profile silicone implants.
Selecting the appropriate size and style of implant, however, requires a formal consultation.  Your history (including weight changes, pregnancies, breast feeding), current breast characteristics (including quality / quantity of skin, distribution of breast tissue) and implant placement (I prefer "dual plane") will all have an impact on your final breast appearance, not just the size and style of implant.
I would recommend consulting with board-certified plastic surgeons experienced at breast augmentation, who will be able to advise you how to achieve your goal.

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Best Implant Size for You

+1

A gel implant will probably be a good choice because you do not seem to have much body fat or too much breast tssue. I would first want to see you, take measurements, try on some implant sizers  and ask if your breast had been any larger in the past. 

This way, we can select an implant that best fits your body type and meets your expectations.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

What type of implants for me?

+1

Difficult to evaluate without a face to face meeting and exam. Visit with a BC PS and discuss your option, I feel like the new 410 implant from Allergan gives a very natural look in thin petite women

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

It is hard to adequately advise you without a physical exam, measurements of your chest, assessing your skin elasticity, and understanding your expectations.  Best to meet in person with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon