Please Could You Make Any Suggestions in Regards to my Right Eyelid Ptosis Becoming Worse Following Corrective Surgery? (photo)

On 1 June 2012 I had a surgery to correct my right eyelid Ptosis which I have had since birth. 3 weeks laterat my first appointment with the surgeon, I was told that further surgery would be required as the surgery was unsuccessful as the eyelid is lower than before. I have been told that revision surgery will take 3-4 months to b arranged. I don't feel comfortable to go out into the public and have lost my job as a result of my absence. I no longer have a social life and it is very frustrating.

Wait

+1

Unfortunately, what you're experiencing can happen. I'm sure you're surgeon has a reason for waiting 3-4 months. I generally wait until enough swelling has resolved so I can more accurately adjust the muscle without being affected by existing swelling. This can take a few months. You may want to discuss with your surgeon the option of having the procedure done sooner if swelling has resolved enough to do the work.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon