Please Somebody Help Me. My Breasts Have Bottomed Out and Double Bubbled? (photo)

I paid the army to do my implants and within 3wks they bottomed out and double bubbled and it will cost twice as much to fix them. I don't want to see the same doc again because I've found out that he is a bad surgeon. I don't have that much to fix them.they look just awful and it hurts to wear a bra for more than a couple of hours. I'm lost.

Double bubble deformity after breast augmentation

+2

Large implants in a patient with a tight lower pole can result in double bubble problem.

You may want to have this revised with different profile, different size implants, probably also with an internal capsular repair or modification.

You are best off choosing a very experienced, knowledgable surgeon, quite possibly an ASAPS member, who can guide you.  It's best, with this or any revisional surgery, to select a surgeon with considerable experience with revisional breast surgery.

Double bubble correction.

+1

From your photos, you do appear to have a double bubble deformity. Surgical correction is indicated. Correction of this complication typically costs more than the original breast augmentation. If you are near a teaching institution with a plastic surgery residency program, you should look into the residents clinic. These clinics are overseen by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and often offer lower rates than you will find in the community. Regardless of where you go, be sure that your plastic surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (NOT Cosmetic surgery!).

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision

+1

A revision to repair the pocket will be helpful in your case.  In addition, I always ask my revision patients to bring in preoperative photos to give an idea of any constriction or asymmetry that may have existed before the first surgery. Find a board certified plastic surgeon with elite credentials to perform this repair.

Please Somebody Help Me. My Breasts Have Bottomed Out and Double Bubbled?

+1

Yes you will need revision surgery to achieve a better appearance of the breasts. Seek in person evaluations from ONLY boarded PSs in your city. 

Sometimes the easiest solution is to just start over.

+1

I am so sad to hear about your bad outcome. Sometimes the easiest solution is to just start over. As the military messed you up they are responsible. May I suggest you request that someone simply remove your implants. This most likely will be covered by the military medical services. Seek assistance with your TriCare representative.  Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble after breast augmentation

+1

You do appear to have bottoming out after your surgery, with the implant sitting below the original breast fold.  It can be fixed, but it does require more surgery.  Unfortunately, it will also likely cost more than the original surgery, as revisions are more tricky than any initial surgery, in general.  I'm so sorry you're going through this, but it can all turn out well, so keep hope.

Bottoming out and implant revision

+1

It does appear that you have a less than ideal result with overdissection of the lower portion of the implant pocket. There really is no cheap or easy way to fix the problem. I would suggest having a capsulorrhaphy procedure to reshape the implant pocket. If you do not have confidence in your current surgeon, it may end up costing you. I wish I could tell you there was an easier approach, but I don't think that there is. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

My Breasts Have Bottomed Out and Double Bubbled?

+1

Your implants have bottomed out

There are several options available for correction

these include repair of the submuscular pocket with sutures or mesh, or conversion to a new pocket

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com/breast/revision-boca-raton-fl/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out following a breast augmentation

+1

It does appear that your incision has drifted up on your breast and out of the inframammary crease.  This can be a sign of bottoming out.  An exam would be needed to determine the extend of the problem.  You mentioned that the breasts began to bottom out early but you did not mention how far along you are at this point.  Sounds like it is time for a second opinion.  

Double bubble and implants

+1

You will need some form of capsule repair and possibly a revision with smaller implants.  Good luck with your search for a new plastic surgeon.