Please tell Me there's a way to reverse Sculptra...?

I got sculptera about 6 months ago a little bit below my eyes because I had small lines due to sun damage years ago. Now my eyes look hollow and when I smile it folds. It looks terrible and I cry everyday. My doctor who does my Botox told me that I should get it because it's low cost and it's all I needed. I'm 38 and my face has always been my best feature. I don't even want to smile. The skin around my eyes is very thin so it looks like a bubble underneath. I can't afford surgery what can I do?

+1
The effects of Sculptra cannot generally be reversed. Other fillers can usually be used to fix what you do not like from the Sculptra treatment. I suggest visiting your injector, or a new one if you are unhappy with their service, in order to get a personal evaluation. 

Sculptra Problems

+1
I'm truly sorry for your unfortunate experience. Unlike some fillers, however, Sculptra's effects cannot be reversed because it works by triggering collagen growth. It may be possible, though, to compensate for the appearance you describe. I can't recommend a specific treatment without seeing photos or examining you, but Restylane® in general is an effective filler around the eyes. Best wishes.

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Hollow eyes

+1
I am certain something can be done to help you, but from your description it is difficult to know with certainty the best approach. Hollows can be improved with fillers such as Restylane and Beletero, and for shadows from a prominent infraorbital roll, Botox can be very helpful. Fine lines improve slowly with topical retinoids, growth factors such as TGF-beta, radiofrequency treatments or resurfacing procedures.  

A consultation and careful examination with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon skilled in eyelid rejuvenation and a discussion of your options is in order.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Is there a way to reverse Sculptra?

+1
There is really not a way to reverse Sculptra.  You would need to be examined or pictures of you would be needed to determine what your options might be to improve the issue under your eyes.  I do not recommend using Sculptra under the eyes, as it can cause visible bumps there at times.  It is possible that a hyaluronic acid filler, like Restylane, could be used under your eyes to improve the appearance.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon