Can someone please recommend a few surgeons who specialize in symmastia revisions or who are known for performing many of them?

I have symmastia with my breast implants. These are my second set of implants. The doctor placed them too close together in an effort to achieve cleavage and decrease the extreme gap left by my first surgeon. I do not want to go back to my previous surgeon because he has no experience in fixing this issue. I live in Tennessee, but I am willing to travel anywhere in the US for the right surgeon. Any help is greatly appreciate, as to I am not familiar with any surgeons who fix this issue.

+1
I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experience. You are wise in selecting your plastic surgeon carefully; there is definite learning curve when it comes to correction of symmastia. Generally, in my practice, this procedure involves internal suture “repair” (capsulorraphy) of the breast implant capsules along the cleavage area plus/minus the use of acellular dermal matrix. You may find the attached link, demonstrating many examples of  symmastia repair, helpful to you.  You will also find many examples on this website as well. Best wishes

Symmastia repair

+1
Symmastia is very uncommon as you know, so even an "experienced" plastic surgeon may only have done a couple dozen in his/her career.  However, the techniques involved are done with many other breast procedures, and these might include placement of acelular dermal matrix (ADM), creating internal tissue flaps, postoperative compression, etc.  Find a plastic surgeon experienced in both cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon