Please Tell Me if Latisse Use Causes Reduction in Orbital Fat...read That on Wikipedia. That Doesn't Seem Like a Good Thing?

Please Tell Me if Latisse Use Causes Reduction in Orbital Fat...read That on Wikipedia. That Doesn't Seem Like a Good Thing.

I have never seen Latisse diminish orbital fat

+1

I have also never seen or heard of this.  Latisse is bimatoprost which was originally created for glaucoma where patients placed a drop in their eyes to reduce intraocular pressure.  What was found however was that the lashes grew!  Latisse is not recommended for ocular installation, but for the lash line.  I have never seen any patient with orbital fat reduction with Latisse (or with Lumigan for that matter).  

Huntersville Ophthalmologist

Latisse and Orbital Fat

+1

This is just silly. No, Latisse goes on your eyelashes and would have absolutely no affect on orbital fat. While Wikipedia is a great resource, not everything on there is fact, so good idea asking us! 

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Untrue

+1

Not everything in wikipedia is true. To my knowledge, there has been no study suggesting that Latisse would have such an effect.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse should not affect fat around the eyes

+1

There is no reason that I can think of why Latisse should have any effect on the fat around the eyes. I have never seen it or heard of anyone who has.

Richard Baxter, MD