Please Tell Me What Issue Might Be Causing This Bump After my Primary? (photo)

Hello, I am 5 months post op. I was hoping you could shed some light on why I might be having the issues I am. FYI, no bridge issues previously,went in for crooked tip and deprojection, nasal bones not broken, upper cartilages not removed from septum, adequate septal cartilage and L-strut apparently. Could this be a bony callous? Bottom edge of my radix graft or worse case, a mid-vault collapse? When I feel my bridge it is like I have a dip and it looks like a bump. Very palpable and visible.

What causes irregularities after surgery?

+1

At 5 months what you have is real close to what you will end up with. The correction of a tip crookedness ONLY will have no effect. However deprojection the tip almost always involves also reducing the bridge and mid third of the nose. This almost always means separating the upper lateral cartilages from the septum. When this happens there is always the risk of mid vault collapse. So the 2 likely causes are that or the radix graft showing. Often this can be resolved with palpation by an experienced hand.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon