Please HELP

I am making myself sick over these boobs of mine. I am having my 23 year old implants removed. I am 52 and I don't want to replace them. It has been suggested that I get a cresent lift but I have read nothing good about this procedure. I know it is very difficult to tell from just a picture but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Densely encapsulated breast implants

+3

You look to have Grade IV, densely encapsulated breast implants.  You'll know this if they're hard as rocks.  Removing them and the scar tissue is very reasonable as well as is not replacing them.  Just know that you'll be very flat.  Best to wait 6 months to know the final healing before doing a lift if you even need one - you may well not.  Crescent lifts also aren't worth much so best to wait and see if maybe you'd be happy with nothing.

Breast Implant Removal and Lift

+2

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• You have capsules (thick scar) around your implants, distorting them,
  • If you have saline implants, removal is usually easy, even done in-office,
  • if you have gel implants, heavy calcified scar must be removed also,
  • You will do best with a small 'lollipop' Le Jour lift. But if you just want implants removed - go ahead. Wait 3-6 months. Then decide. Hope this helps.
  • Best wishes!

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question at pictures.

It sounds like you have made a firm decision not to have breast implants replaced. I think it may be in your best interests to go ahead and have the breast implants removed (don't be surprised if there has been a rupture), have any  thickened/abnormal breast implant capsule removed as well, and allow for several months  to one year to pass before making any decisions about the need for breast lifting.

Keep in mind, that there are many different ways to handle a specific clinical situation;  the above recommendation is only one of the possible  options.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Hard capsules

+2

You llokl ike you have signifciant capsular contractures.  The implans can be removed.  I suggest putting another implant back in because it is difficult to predict how the skin will respond without an implant behind it.

Old Implants??

+2

If your implants are 23 years old they are most likely SILICONE. Over this prolonged period of time hard capsules have formed distorting your breast appearance. They may have even ruptured. If I may suggest simply remove your very old implants and allow your body to heal. This will allow the skin to retract. At a latter date return and have a breast augmentation when things have settled. It may save you from having to have creasant mastopexy’s and is a bit safer approach. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Remove Implants Only

+1

I do not recommend additional treatment other than implant removal.  Wait at least 6 months to see if you need, or even want, a breast lift.  Your skin will spring back and contract to some degree.  A crescent lift is extremely limited and I believe totally unnecessary at the time of implant removal. Your doctor can give you specific advice.

Removal

+1

I would assume these implants are rock hard. Taking them out will be a challenge. Adding additional surgery, like a lift may add unnecessary risk, and should be avoided. 
After all is healed, you may find that you don't need, or want a lift. At about 3-6 months consider an additional procedure if you are so inclined at the time, but for now--removal only.

All the best. 

Breast Implant Removal and Lift

+1

The breast implants can be removed and a waiting period observed.  This can help better determine what type of lift, if any, is needed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-revision-photo-galleries.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.