BA 21 Days Ago, Too Big?

I had my surgery 21 days ago, when I went to talk the doctor I told him I wanted a C cup, and he told that to get that result he would go with 260 cc and fill them to 320cc, I had a lift too becuase I need it. I'm 21, 105lbs 5'1. My question is why I can fit into a D bra I tried it and it doesn't fit me is too small, I asked him a C. What can I do now? They look too big!!!

3 weeks after breast surgery

+2

You are only 3 weeks after your procedure.  Depending on the technique(s) utilized, it can take anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 months to see your true final results.   Please be patient and continue to followup with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Three weeks after a breast augmentation

+2

At three weeks post augmentation and lift you are still swollen. Give it some time to settle down a bit.

Cup size after breast augmentation

+2

Cup size varies by the name brand of your bra, so while you may be a full D cup in one brand, you could easily be a C cup in another brand, and even a full B in another brand. Also, keep in mind that 3 weeks it is too early to see the final appearance of your breasts. While the major swelling is better at 3 weeks, there is still more swelling that takes time to go away, especially if you had a lift done at the same time. Also, the implants may or may not be settled into their ultimate position. You still need to allow time for healing, and reassess the results at a 3 months or even 6 months. I recommend keeping close followup with your surgeon and make sure you communicate your concerns, and be patient and allow time for healing.

Anita Patel, MD

Too Big After Breast Implants

+2

Hi,

Several important points:

• It takes 6-12 weeks for the initial softening and settling to occur, especially with implants plus lift. I recommend waiting at least 6 months to decide if you're too big.
  • Bras vary from brand to brand, so a final cup size can never be guaranteed.
  • A year after breast augmentation, it is much more common for patients to say they wish they were a little larger, not smaller.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Breast Implants and Lift

+1

Swelling after breast implants and a lift can persist for a few months and final size determinations should not be made until 3 months or so, depending upon healing.

Too Big after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after your procedure.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage and recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too  small.

I would suggest you wait at least 3 to 6 months additional months before you evaluate the end results of surgery and before you make any decisions regarding the need for revisionary surgery.  This waiting time will allow you to (potentially) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.

There are both physiological and “psychological” reasons to wait on having  revisionary surgery. From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling,  tissue contraction,  skin redraping,  implant shifting etc. come into play.

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period"  during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. For example, it is very common for patients to feel that they are too big or too small;  severe emotional swings can also occur. Obviously, it is best for patients not to be making important decisions while they are experiencing these emotional “ups and downs”. 
If at that point,  you're convinced that the breast implants are too large ( assuming the breast implant pockets are otherwise doing well), revisionary  surgery  is a relatively painless procedure. Again, clear communication with your plastic surgeon will be important to avoid further dissatisfaction. Do not base your communication on achieving a specific cup size;  in my practice, I find the use of goal pictures helpful during this communication process.

Breast size three weeks after surgery

+1

Three weeks after a breast augmentation is too soon to make any judgments.  I tell my patients to wait at the minimum for 6 weeks before trying on new bras.  Your breasts will continue to change and settle with time.  Also, bra cup sizing is a very inexact science.  Each manufacturer will have quite a bit of variability on what a C or D cup should be.  Be patient and congratulations on your surgery!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Breast Too Big After Augmentation

+1

It is very difficult to use cup size  as an end result for breast augmentation.  Typically the visual breast size and shape are use to help achieve a desired look.  This is very artistic .  Listening to the patient's desires, pictures and before and after pictures of patients help plastic surgeons and their patients make the final decision on an achievable outcome.  In your case, you may achieve the "C cup" you want in the end because you are just 3 weeks after surgery. Your breasts are still swollen.  Their size will decrease over the next several weeks.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS