5 Weeks Post Op, full Smas Face Lift, Browlift, upper and Lower Lids. Unhappy, Is This My Final Result?

my forehead still has all the same wrinkles,,between the brow also. i dont see my brow any higher then before.also my jowl lines are back. im so worried that this was all for nothing. i was so excited to see a new me. but no. all the wrinkles are back on chin. and im still swollen even. i have balls on each side of my head behind temples,above my ears. that make me look wide and funny.i thought i was going to be so pretty.does anyone know why this is? i had a very good surgeon. and no hematomas

Brow lift and facelift final results

+2

I hope the following will help you through the recovery period.  First, and most important, please be patient.  Results take months to finalize, not weeks.  I make sure that all of my patients understand that postoperative swelling, changes, and feelings take time to evolve.  After a facelift or brow lift, I ask for at least six months before we critically evaluate the results.  Honestly, that is how long it takes. 

If one week, or two weeks or two years or however long after surgery one of my patients is concerned about the results, I would like to visit with them.  After posting on this forum I would recommend calling your surgeon and discussing your concerns.  You may be surprised to discover that many of your feelings are perfectly normal.

Generally speaking, wrinkles in the forehead and between the eyebrows are improved with Botox more than surgery.  Swelling in the temples typically resolve with massage and time.  Your surgeon should be able to answer in specifics, because they know you.  I would recommend giving them a call.

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift results

+1

Without a photo or an exam, it is hard to answer your question. The results of surgery take weeks to months to see the final result. Keep your discussion with your surgeon as frequently as you can.be patient as best as you can.

Unhappy at 5 weeks

+1

Five weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon.  Look at  your pre-op and post-op photos for an objective comparison.  Hopefully your expectations were in line with your surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/brow_lift.php

Unhappy so far....after facial surgery

+1

Hi.  Your question is difficult to answer without seeing some before and after photos, but - in general, it really takes 3-4 months for the tissues to settle in after these procedures, and look more natural.  You may certainly still have some swelling.  So, it's probably a little early to judge your results.

That being said, I certainly would voice your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Unhappy with Facial Rejuvenation 5 Weeks Post-op

+1

I'm sorry for your concerns after surgery, but you are only 5 weeks after surgery. It is impossible to respond without seeing pre-op and post-op pictures. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Five weeks post op.

+1

You should have major positive changes by this time.  The swelling is coming down and some of the issues that may not be helped by a face lift return, like wrinkles, unless you had a chemical peel or laser.  You need to give it more time and discuss with your ps.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/

What does your plastic surgeon tell you about your facelift and browlift results?

+1

Dear Cleocran,

I concur that you should be getting an answer from your plastic surgeon about this.  Assuming that you did your homework and had surgery with a board certified plastic surgeon, I know that you will get the best answers to your questions.

Hopefully things will improve with time....

Best of luck.  I would love to hear about your progress, so keep us posted! :)

Brian K. Brzowski, MD, FACS

brzowski.com

Ogden, UT

Ogden Plastic Surgeon