My upper arms and legs are full of thick scars which turned into a noticeable white color. What treatment would you recommend?

WhencI was a teenager I had a serious problem with cutting. My upper arms and legs are full of thick scars but since it was almost a decade ago the scars have turned a noticeable white colour. I've tried most of the lotions and potions mentioned here and also tried sunbathing while abroad but nothing works. I'm willing to pay for a surgical procedure but I don't really know where to start. The best I can use now is camoflauge cream which isn't all that great. Any help will be appreciated, thanks. 

+1
It really depends on how the scars look. Sometimes we can use some special laser treatments on a monthly basis to reduce the appearance of scars and make them more inconspicuous.  Sometimes the lasers are not really going to help and we need to perform a scar revision where the old scar is cut out and a nice new scar is made and then again, laser treatments after.  You should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience (both surgical and non-surgical) in managing scars so you can have a face-to-face discussion and examination. That is the only way you can get a true recommendation as to what to do. Good luck!

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon