My upper arms and legs are full of thick scars which turned into a noticeable white color. What treatment would you recommend?

WhencI was a teenager I had a serious problem with cutting. My upper arms and legs are full of thick scars but since it was almost a decade ago the scars have turned a noticeable white colour. I've tried most of the lotions and potions mentioned here and also tried sunbathing while abroad but nothing works. I'm willing to pay for a surgical procedure but I don't really know where to start. The best I can use now is camoflauge cream which isn't all that great. Any help will be appreciated, thanks. 

It really depends on how the scars look. Sometimes we can use some special laser treatments on a monthly basis to reduce the appearance of scars and make them more inconspicuous.  Sometimes the lasers are not really going to help and we need to perform a scar revision where the old scar is cut out and a nice new scar is made and then again, laser treatments after.  You should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience (both surgical and non-surgical) in managing scars so you can have a face-to-face discussion and examination. That is the only way you can get a true recommendation as to what to do. Good luck!

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon