Unsure of Breast Size Post Op. Fear I Will Be Too Small?

I got my B/A on the 17/1/13 & previously i was a B Cup. The size that was decided was 400CC x 11.8cm x 5.5cm (Right) & 450cc x 12.1cm x 5.7cm (Left). Nurse said i should be a Double D or Small E. But 4 days after im feeling like a BIG C OR small D. Because it is SUB - Does that mean they can possibly get bigger? I have no idea why i feel so small. I know they are swollen! So wont they just get smaller again? Will they get bigger once they drop? If anyone has helpful tips or advise :) Thanks

Breasts too small after breast augmentation?

+2

Its fairly early to know what your breasts will look like when they finally settle. However, if you feel you are too small now, your breasts are likely to only get slightly smaller. The shape may change as they settle, but the volume will not increase. I would suggest waiting at least 3 months for them to settle and to see the shape and then decide if you wish to be bigger. Unfortunately, that means another surgery. I spend a great deal of time discussing size with my patients so that we are on the same page as far as what the final size will be. In spite of this, although my patients are typically very happy and their final size is what was discussed, if they could change anything, they wish they would have gone bigger. I always keep this in mind in my discussions with them and often try to steer them to a slightly bigger size than they initially requested.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

400 to 450 cc Breast Augmentation

+2

400 cc to 450 cc in a B cup breast should provide for about a two cup size increase to about a D cup.  The range is probably about 200 cc to 250 cc per cup size.

Too Small after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sure that you realize that it is much too early to be concerned about the final breast size, given that you are only a few days out of breast augmentation surgery. It may give you some peace of mind that your concerns are not uncommon;  many patients feel this way early out of surgery.

Some of our patients feel that the breasts look larger as a breast implants “drop and fluff”;  it may take several months for breast implants to fully settle  and for patients to see the final breast size.

My best advice for patients is to not judge the final results of surgery until they are at least 3 to 6 months out of their procedure. Otherwise the potential for disappointment ("I'm too small or too big") is significant.  Also, I suggest patients do not judge the final result of surgery and base their “happiness” on a specific cup size,  that can vary depending on who makes the bra.

In your case, I would suggest continued patience and continued follow up  with your plastic surgeon.
 Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure.

Breast size after augmentation

+1

the usual rule is if you think the breasts are slightly too big shortly after surgery then by 4-6 months it should be just right.  If you think you are too small right after surgery, unless the skin is very tight it is not going to get "bigger" later.  The breast size will most likely be too small 4-6 months after surgery.  If your goal was to be a DD or E then you should have chosen anything from 600 to 800 cc depending on your frame size. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon