Had Tumescent Lipo a Month Ago, and My Belly Looks Bigger Than Before?

Hi I had a lipo tumescent , will be a month now and looking at my before procedure pics and now i think my belly looks bigger than before is this normal , im still wearing the garment 24 hrs and i only take off to shower , im doing the lymphatic massage hope this ill help , but do you think ill have a flat belly ? Thank u;)

It may take time...

+1

First consult with your surgeon to confirm you do not have a fluid collection (seroma), blood collection (hematoma) or infection (abscess) making your belly bigger.

Assuming more than zero fat was removed from your belly, you will end up with less fat than you started once the normal inflammatory process of surgery resolves. It takes at least 3 months for the final result and sometimes up to 6 months. Also, remember, liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, it is a body shaping procedure. I suggest waiting a couple more months. If you are still not satisfied, further liposuction or abdominoplasty might be options for you.

Armin Karl Moshyedi, M.D.

Washington, D.C.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Bigger after Liposuction Surgery?

+1

At this point, it would be unusual for your abdomen to “look bigger than before”. Therefore, it would be in your best interest to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who, after direct physical examination, will be in the best position to advise you.  Rarely, superficial fluid accumulation (seroma)  can be responsible for an increase in the abdominal size after surgery.

Otherwise, you may need  to continue to be patient;  it may take several additional months before you see the final results of the procedure performed.

Lipo at one month

+1

While tumescent liposuction seems to be one of the safest methods for liposuction, it may take some time for the swelling to disappear. You should start to see some nice results around 1month-6weeks, BUT the final result may not be evident until 3-6months. Don't despair. Continue with your diet and exercise and follow the recommendations of your board certified plastic surgeon.

Michael Burgdorf, MD

Lipo Plus Garment Plus Massage at one month

+1

Congratulations on choosing tumescent liposuction. You have chosen the best method of liposuction. The wearing of the garment and massage matter less and in some cases not at all.

How about your weight? Has it gone down?

The most common reason for liposuction failure is too much emphasis on a procedure and too little effort given to diet and exercise.

Get a second opinion regarding your exercise routine and diet. It is amazing how we often deny ourselves the very thing that will do the most good.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo result at one month

+1

At one month it is quite common to still be very swollen. Really, you should give it 4 months or more to settle down.

You should be looking quite good one month after tumescent liposuction.

+1

Hi.

You just need to see your surgeon for an evaluation, because what you are describing doesn't sound right.  At one month, you don't see the final result, but still you should see a lot of improvement.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)