What is the Effect of Strong Sun Burn After 7 Months from Open Rhinoplasty?

i am 7 months after open rhinoplasty and i had strong sun burn on my nose and it become very red then i used moisturizer , but i am worried will that sun burn will harm my nose and affect the final result ?

Sun and Rhino

+1
In general, your nose has less natural protection from the sun right after rhinoplasty. All the tissue was just elevated off of the internal structure of the nose, including the bone and cartilage, and blood vessels were coagulated in order to do this. There fore we weakened the nose's natural defense since we weakened its blood supply. This blood supply grows back , but it can take quite a bit of time to happen. In the first 6 weeks, your nose is less naturally resistant to UV rays and is more likely to burn and get discolored. Also, since your nose is mostly numb early on, its less likely that you are to notice the problem until its too late. I recommend you stay out of the sun as much as possible in the first 6 weeks after surgery. If you are in the sun for short periods of time, stay in the shade, and wear a big hat and a good sunblock. Do not wear sun glasses in the first 6 weeks, or any glasses for that matter, if osteotomies were performed, (breaking of the nasal bones). You can get your nose wet as soon as the splint comes off, but I would be careful about chlorinated pools early on until the incision is fully healed an more mature, as the chlorine can irritate the incision. The gym and anything that increases you blood pressure will increase the swelling of your nose and delay your healing time. I recommend 6 weeks for this as well. Sometimes it can take longer for your skin to mature, even a year and more in some cases. I suggest that you wear sun block for at least a year every day while out in the sun.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and sunburn

+1

After 7 months post-op from a rhinoplasty, it is extremely unlikely that it would impact your nose.  The skin  may be slightly  more sensitive to burn, I tell my patients to wear sunblock on their face at all times anyway.

Sunburn after rhinoplasty

+1

At 7 months, a sunburn is unlikely to affect the nose. However, you should wear sunblock as sun can cause skin cancer and pre-mature aging.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon