What is the Effect of Strong Sun Burn After 7 Months from Open Rhinoplasty?

i am 7 months after open rhinoplasty and i had strong sun burn on my nose and it become very red then i used moisturizer , but i am worried will that sun burn will harm my nose and affect the final result ?

Rhinoplasty and sunburn

+1

After 7 months post-op from a rhinoplasty, it is extremely unlikely that it would impact your nose.  The skin  may be slightly  more sensitive to burn, I tell my patients to wear sunblock on their face at all times anyway.

Sunburn after rhinoplasty

+1

At 7 months, a sunburn is unlikely to affect the nose. However, you should wear sunblock as sun can cause skin cancer and pre-mature aging.

Web reference: http://www.drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.