Please Help, What is the Effect of Pressing the Bump?

I have a bump 7 months after rhinoplasty and sometimes i press on it , will this pressing have bad effect on the bump ? and how can i know if this bump from the kind that will subside or not ?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Massage after Rhinoplasty

+1

After rhinoplasty it is possible to have minimal contour irregularites. Some of these do improve with digital pressure and massage in the early postop period.  Others require small in office treatments with a needle.  Others can be camouflaged with fillers.  In some cases, cartilage displacement requires revisionary surgery.  At 7 months postop, it is unlikely that massage will help a bump.  Your probably not causing harm or helping. Discuss this matter further with your surgeon. All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Pressing on the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, I would recommend avoiding the placement of excess pressure on the nose while you are healing. You will still have some swelling after 7 months, which may cause the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. 70% of the swelling will be resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have about the healing process, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/

Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1

Pressing on the bump can sometimes help reduce its prominence in the early stages of rhinoplasty. I usually recommend 3 minute intervals 2-3 times per days. It's important that you not overdo it and if you see redness, stop.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/rhinoplasty.html

Bump following Rhinoplasty, Pressing

+1

At 7 months, pressing will not remove the bump permanently. See your surgeon as you may require the bump to be rasped or filed down.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump 7 months after surgery

+1

If the bump is non compressible it is probably a bony component if it is compressible it is probably cartilage or soft tissue. Revision surgery maybe needed. see your surgeon.  

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/face/nose-surgery-rhinoplasty-miami-fl/

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

+1

Pressing on the bump does little except probably decrease swelling temporarily.  If the pressing relieves the hump, it is probably at least partially swelling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Bump and massage of nose?

+1

At seven months, a bump unless it is just swelling will not resppond to digital pressure. Minor irregularities under the skin are common.  If prominent then you may need a revision.

Pressing on Bump 7 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely that pressing on your bump 7 months after your rhinoplasty will do any harm but it will not help. Depending on the location of your bump it it may decrease as healing progresses. There is no way to know if it will subside; you cannot predict the future. Your surgeon can give you some insight but the only way you will know for sure is to wait another 6 months.