My Wound Isn't Healing? (photo)

I had a breast implant exchange and full anchor breast lift on 11/8. 3 weeks after the surg I noticed an open wound under my R breast. I went to the ps that day and she put me on an oral antibiotic & topical antibiotic, Mupirocin, instructing me to clean wound 3x's/day w/antibacterial soap and then apply ointment. No progress w/in the week so changed ointment to silver sulfadiazine 2x's/day. Its been 2 wks & no progress and now good skin is breaking down. Any advice would be appreciated.

Open wound can connect with breast implant.

Hi.

This is potentially a very dangerous situation because the breast implant is at risk.  Get another opinion.

Open wound under breast

I think that it is very important to follow closely with your surgeon.  If it is a small wound it should not take too long to close.

T junction breakdown after implant exchange and full breast lift

At this point, you may need a small revision that could be performed under local to excise the area of poor tissue and readvance the skin flaps.  Please note that this can only be done in the absence of infection. 

This type of breakdown can be a very difficult problem to treat if you have very little tissue covering the implant or thin tissues all around.  Be patient with your plastic surgeon's treatment plan.   Your plastic surgeon knows you and how you heal better than anyone else.

Good luck.

My Wound Isn't Healing

Most likely the cause is a suture at the"t" junction. Your surgeon should take a look and remove it. Most likely it will heal within a few days. Best wishes.

My Wound Isn't Healing?

Continue the care you are receiving. I might add red light laser therapy to promote healing. Also PRP with small amount of fat grafts to area might help.