Necrosis of Belly Button, 2 Weeks Postoperative from a Tummy Tuck. What To Do?

I am 2 weeks post op from a tummy tuck. Over half of my belly button has become necrotic. It has gone from black and hard to now brown and white ish in color. It smells and is red around the opening. My plastic surgeon says it will slough off and be normal. Is this true and how long until it is normal? Should I be putting anything on it? Can a surgical procedure fix it and should one be done? Thank you!

+1

Unfortunately this can happen after a TT and while it is kind of unsightly and gross to take care of, it usually turns out very well in the end. If you think about it, that is how your belly button started out after you were born so hang in there and give it time. It most likely will end up looking very normal!!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon