Please help! I just got my ba on March 24, 2014. What cup size will I be and will they ever drop?

I just got my breast augmentation done on March 24th 2014. I was a 34 very small b bordering a and I got the Naturelle style 20 high profile silicone implants 375cc's under the muscle. I'm 5'6 and weigh 135. I'm so upset they are riding high still and don't look like they will become a large c or small d like the Dr said. Will they eventually drop and look good? Also what cup size will that most likely bring me to? Thank a lot.

Wait three to four months before assessing results

+1
When breast implants are first put into your body, they typically sit higher up in the chest. This is because it’s the path of least resistance – your body requires some time to adjust to their presence, regardless of whether they’ve been placed in a sub-mammary (between breast tissue and chest muscle) or sub-muscular (under both the breast and chest muscle). Immediately following surgery, you’ll find that your newly enhanced breasts appear very full and swollen, especially in the upper portion above the nipples. Your skin will most likely look very tight and your nipples may point slightly downward as well. This may make the shape and overall appearance of your breasts appear unnatural. Don’t worry, because they will change for the better, something casually known as “dropping and fluffing”.

As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

Although it's often called "dropping", it is more like "redistribution". The "fluffing" part refers to the impression that the lower breast enlarges and that your skin softens with the creation of new tissues. The extent to which this occurs depends on several factors, including the implant size, the tightness of your skin, and your body shape.

This takes longer in patients with smaller breasts and tighter skin. Ask your surgeon if a bandage wrapped around the top portion of your breasts can help.

Will they ever drop?

+1
Some photos of how you look at the present time would be helpful. However, you are only two weeks postop and all implants sit a bit high and look big at this timepoint. Give it several weeks for the swelling to settle completely and for everything to relax and drop, and you may find yourself very happy with the result.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

What Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1
It is absolutely normal to be "too high" for a few weeks after surgery.  Check in with your PS to be sure you are on track, and to see what you can wear right now.  If you plastic surgeon lets you wear a bra now he or she may want you to just wear something soft, without a wire.  It is too early to figure out your "final size," and try to focus on How You Look (when the implants settle in) rather than What Size Bra fits you best.

Be reassured by a visit with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

6-8 weeks

+1
Generally it takes 6-8 weeks (sometimes longer) for breast implants to drop.  In terms of a cup size it is very difficult to predict without examining you but I would expect a C cup with your prior dimensions and the implant size.
All the best!
Dr. Tony Perkins

Anthony Perkins, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

One week post breast augmentation

+1
At one week post breast augmentation,  it is way too early to see the final result. I would also wait a good six weeks before getting sized for a bra.