I Had a Facial Lipofilling with Stem Cell Enrichment Done on my Face and I Regret It?

Please help! I had a surgery all at the same time: a nose job, mini cheek lift, mini eyebrow lift, facial lipofilling (with stem cell enrichment) 2 weeks ago on my cheek bones, chin and my lip line (not my lips) and in the area between my nose and my upper lift. NOW I LOOK LIKE A FREAK My cheeks are huge and I can't even smile. I look like a completely different person. I regret having lipofilling done. I want all the fat injections gone, can I do anything for it not to "take", can i reverse it?

Facial lipofilling with stems cells

+2

While fat injections to the face is in vogue, I am not an unbridled fan. You certainly are entitled to significant and prolonged swelling and you will need to be both patient as well as adaptable to your recovery and changed appearance. I would suspect things will recede over the next 4 weeks. However one of the risks of facial fat grafts is that it is difficult, if not impossible, to correct overfilling and potential growth of the fat grafts producing localized irregularities or deformities.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Swelling after Facial Fat Grafting

+2

Severe swelling to the face is very common after Fat grafting especially for the first few weeks. Consider discussing your concerns with your surgeon first before you do anything else. Sometimes severe swelling can be an early sign of impending infection. 
 Again, go freak out with your surgeon. Take a support person with you. Write down your concerns on a piece of paper. Ask your practitioner to address each one, how they plan to assist you and what your options could be. Clarify each response by repeating it and writing it on your paper. This should reassure you that something can and could be done for you. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Stem cell facelift, fat grafting

+2

At two weeks after your procedure, you are undoubtedly still swollen, and hopefully  things will settle down. However, with larger volumes of fat grafting ( fat contains stem cells, which is why some surgeons are calling the procedure a stem cell prodedure, but that is a misleading label), there is a danger of altering the entire facial appearance.  In general 30-50% of the fat/stem cell mixture will persist.  Unfortunately the options for fat removal are limited. I would discuss your options with your surgeon, but consider a second opinion if the undesirable  changes persist more than 6-8 weeks.  Volume enhancement of the face to correct the changes of fat loss with aging can be very beneficial, but must be done judiciously.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Facial swelling after fat grafting

+1

Fat grafting of the face can induce alot of swelling . This  may take several weeks to come down.  Usually you do not get 100% take of the fat.