Recommendation On Size? 6'1, 138lbs, 48 y/o. Is 310/330cc For 425cc Tissue Too Big For My Frame?

im told i have 425cc breast tissue and was told with my 34 inch girth i could go a 310/330 small boob for a full c, but now im scared of the full c and would just like to moderate. please help, i chose a moderate profile help with cc dont want to be a d and suregery is monday.. I feel i have frustated the doctor because i cant make up my mind, im 61" tall 138 lbs. 48 yrs old..

Implant choice

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to assess what implant would be best for you.  An in office exam will help delineate what could fit appropriately and then based upon your goals, an implant can be selected.

Picking the best implant size for you.

+1

Picking implants requires extensive dialogue between the patient and the plastic surgeon.  I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

I can practically hear the frustration/anxiety in every sentence of your question.  

I am assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully; in other words, you have  concentrated on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for.  

Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Do not base your communication and/or your level of satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Keep in mind that patients with your height can tolerate larger implants then more petite patients. The most common regret after breast augmentation surgery (in general)  is “I wish I was bigger”.