I'm 30 yrs old, 5'6, and 126 lbs. What size of implant would you recommend to achieve full D cup? (photo)

I am 30 years old, 5'6 and 126lbs. I currently have some deflation due to breat feeding. I am a big b, small c. My goal is to end up at least a full D cup. I just started my research and would appreciate some suggestions on the type of implant to choose to achieve a natural look. Do I choose Cohesive or Saline? What about over or under? And is 400 cc enough to achieve a full D?

Implant size

+1
Thanks for your question. Its important to understand a few things before choosing the size for you.

First, there isnt a number of ml or a cup size that is correct, because what you're going for is a certain look on your body. This is influenced by your height, frame width, amount of current breast tissue, and your desired result.

Cup sizes differ between manufacturers and how people wear them, using this as a guide will lead to disappointing communications between you and the surgeon, and possibly results. After your consult and examination you will have a range of implants that will safely fit within your anatomy. The best way to estimate the size is then to try on several different sizes until you find the one that most approximates the look you're trying to achieve. Whatever cup size and ml this turns out to be will be the correct one. Hope that helps.

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Implant not enough

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size.If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position.400 cc implants are large, will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.Your breasts are low and the added weight of the implants centered underneath your areolas will result in rapid descent of your breasts.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1
With your height and posted appearance I believe the better option is silicone UHP 500 cc +++ range for you... 

Implant Recommendations

+1
Favorite pictures. You pictures appears that you have some asymmetry. Your right breast is larger than the left. I would go with saline implants because they are adjustable. I'll also would place your implant underneath the muscle and you may need a breast lift to equalize your areola and breast shape.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Cohesive gel

+1
While bra sizes are not standardized a 400 cc should get you in the d cup range. A high profile cohesive gel should give you a great result under the muscle

Munish K. Batra, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant choice

+1
Choosing the right impalnt for you is a long discussion after a throrough exam and a review of your goals. A web reference link is below which provides more information.

Choosing breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• Breast implants pose lots of choices - you can discuss in detail with your surgeon but -
  • Saline is less expensive but eventually deflate; gel looks more natural
  • Over the muscle hurts much less, fast recovery - under the muscle gives protection against infection, capsules and rupture from mammograms
  • Excessively large implants tend to look unnatural but that does not make them wrong for the women how wants them,
  • In general, a 400 cc implant will take a woman to a D, although bra styles vary so much the same woman can wear a B, C or D depending on your bra. 

Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

I'm 30 yrs old, 5'6, and 126 lbs. What size of implant would you recommend to achieve full D cup?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Base on your photograph, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Speaking, I find that the vast majority of patients do best with breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position. In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.