Need Capsulectomy, New Implants and Now Lift, Options?

CC started 2 months after surgery. May be due to going in through the armpit with 550cc? I need help to pay for the over 10K I have been quoted to fix. I am in pain daily. Saline textured implants? Gummy bear? Pocket protector? Is there any school that would like to record this surgery? Please help! I do not have the 10k and have been denied by carecredit.

Early capsular contracture after transaxillary augmentation

+1

I really recommend that you and your surgeon give Accolate a try.  I have had very favorable responses in several patients who delevoped early capsular contracture.  Your doctor will need to follow your liver function tests because of rare but reported liver side effects.  I would give it several months before throwing in the towel. 

If Accolate doesn't work, I would recommend you have your implants removed and left out until you are in a more stable financial position.  We all know that implant revision often leads to yet another revision. 

Capsular contracture is such a bummer and we all wish that none of our patient's had to suffer with it.  I hope things turn out okay for you.

Capsule

+1

Wow! Lots of questions, and many different ways to proceed.  10 K is a lot of money, so you really want to make sure you review all your options completely.  Unfortunately, any option you choose runs the risk of recurrent capsule and no Plastic Surgeon can guarantee you otherwise. Having the implants placed through the armpits probably has nothing to do with the formation of implant encapsulation. However, it does indicate one reason why I advise against the axillary approach; If you need additional surgery it most likely will need to be done through an incision on the breast. One thing also to consider is this: you may not actually have capsular contracture, especially given your description.  You may simply have implants that are too big that were placed in an inadequate size pocket, making them feel hard.  I would recommend you consult with a few other plastic surgeons and remember, there is only one option that will guarantee to prevent recurrent capsule, and that is simple implant removal. 

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Considerations for Treatment of Early Capsule Contracture

+1

Non-Surgical Treatments may be appropriate, particularly within a couple of months of your original augmentation.  Non-surgical treatments to consider with guidance and supervision of your Plastic Surgeon may include the following:

• Aggressive manipulation techniques
  • High dose Vitamin E
  • Ibuprofen
  • Prescription medication (Accolate/Singulair)
  • Avoiding caffeine

Ultimately, the best specific options (surgical or non-surgical) for you are best determined in consultation with your surgeon or in second opinion consultation with a well qualified, experienced Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Transaxillary breast augmentation actually has low cpasular contracture rates

+1

It is hard to know the cause of your capsular contacture, or even be certain that you have one after two months. It is a fact though that under the arm breast augmentation has a very low capsular contracture rate, perhaps due to the least contact with breast bacteria. You might have to try another opinion to see just what you need.