I have a BWD of 11 which implant for most volume?

I am 5,7 and 115 pounds I am a 32 A . I did the rice sizers & 400cc matches my frame great. I like alot of volume and projection I want the 400cc Natrelle Style 45 Smooth Round Implant. It has a BWD of 11.2 which closely matches mine of 11 & will give me the projection I want. Will this look bad? My first consult I was offered 300cc at the largest but the BWD of the implant was 12. I prefer the High profile 400cc with a BWD of 11.2 Should I ask my PS about this? will it fit my body at all?

Maximum projection without excessively large implants

+1
At size 32 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 400 cc implants would take you up to a DD. 400 cc implants would not fit retro-pectoral and extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. The best implants are small silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 400 cc with the rice test might look good, however, that volume is not stable and you will have complications requiring revision. Your goal is to achieve beautiful breasts. Maximum projection is best achieved by aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Proper size implant

+1

Hi Blue-star, Many factors are used when choosing the optimum sized implant for a patient. Base diameter is one of them. You are fairly tall at 5,7 and this may allow you to have a larger implant however if you are very thin using a larger implant may result in visible ripples with either silicone or saline although less with silicone. You are correct that a high profile implant will give you more size with a smaller base diameter.During your consultation your surgeon will help decide on the most appropriate size depending on these multiple factors. Good luck

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation, Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello;

It is very difficult to recommend a specific type and size of implant without a comprehensive history , evaluation and breast examination.

Having said that, in general , it is not a good idea to pick an implant that has a wider base width than your breast just like it is not a good idea to have a very large implant when you have a tight chest.

These can lead to much higher chances of complication such as capsular contracture, visual and palpable rippling, and need for many more surgeries to treat these sequelae commonly not perfectly!!

I therefore recommend you speak to and trust a reputable plastic surgeons recommendation.

It is great that you are contributing to the final decision making process.

Have you given thought to tear drop shape implants (type 410) with full projection and medium to full height?

Best wishes

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Implant size

+1

Thank you for your question - it is impossible to advise you re implant size during an on line conversation. That being said, 400 cc is a very large implant for a woman with your dimensions. Best to try them on in person. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant and chest wall diameter

+1

I think that to choose the right size implant for you, an exam in person is essential. Many factors go into the decision process.

Breast sizing

+1

Thanks for your inquiry and measurements, but without a picture it is really hard to know the kind of breast coverage and amount of skin you may have. Furthermore, it is important to understand the amount of stretch you have. I use the Mentor UHPs and Style 45 Allergan implants and it is important that your plastic surgeon has a good amount of experience with these implants. Remember if your result looks good in clothes, but not naked; you probably will not be happy. Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Implant size to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

An exam would be helpful for answering your question. Without a photo it is most difficult to advise.

I find style 45 implants to look rather unnatural in most patients, the exceptions being patients who are overweight and patients with large breasts wanting significant enlargement. Common denominator is lots of native breast tissue.

I would stick to high profile (style 20) implants of 300 or 325 cc based on what I read in your posting. ;

All the best.