I'm Considering a Breast Reduction For 32 G Cup, How Do I Start The Process? (photo)

Im 20 years of age and considering a breast reduction My breast are a G cup and Im 5'2 weight 145, What should be my first step to having this procedure done? what docter do I see first? Would you even consider a person my size to have a reduction? If I was to have a reduction? when I have childern will my breast become bigger permantly or will they go back down after the milk is gone?

Candidate for a breast reduction

+1
There are many things that can cause a breast lump after a breast augmentation. Since you are thin and the implant was placed above the muscle you may just be feeling the edge of the implant. This may also be a totally unrelated breast mass or cyst. Best to check with your plastic surgeon and have this area examined.

Consult with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon for Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Your pictures and history indicate that you’re a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. This procedure is associated with relief of symptoms and has long term health benefits as well. Following breast reduction, your remaining breast tissue is still affected by hormonal fluctuations. Breast size will increase with pregnancy and decrease after breast feeding in a normal manner.

Patients considering breast reduction should consult a board certified plastic surgeon. During consultation a detailed history and physical examination will be performed. In addition, information regarding the surgical procedure, recovery and potential complications will be discussed in detail.

Once this has been accomplished, pictures will be taken and a prior authorization letter sent to your insurance carrier for approval. This process typically takes about six to eight weeks. If your insurance company approves the procedure or if you elect to have the procedure done as a cosmetic procedure, scheduling can be undertaken at this time.

Although, breast reduction surgery is associated with high patient satisfaction rates and improved quality of life, we have noticed an increasing tendency for insurance companies to deny benefits for this procedure. Despite this, many patients elect to undergo this operation as a cosmetic procedure and are ultimately happy with the results.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

First things first

+1

Your first step may be to see your primary care doctor and convey to them any symptoms that you may be having from your excessive breast size, such as neck/back pain, breast pain, rashes, etc.  This will create a paper trail of documents for you to present to your insurance carrier (if you have one).  Your primary care doctor will document your complaints and may institute some treatments, but will likely also refer you to a plastic surgeon for breast reduction consultation.  If insurance coverage is not an issue, then you may proceed directly to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  It is critical for you to have a discussion about the risks and benefits of breast reduction surgery with your board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Considering breast reduction surgery

+1

Your breasts are very large compared to your frame, making you an excellent candidate for a breast reduction.  The first step would be to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, who will review your history and then discuss the procedure with you in detail, including the potential risks and benefits.   No one can predict the effects of a pregnancy (or breastfeeding) on breast size.

Good luck. 

Craig S. Rock, MD

Breast reduction

+1

The first thing that you should do is go for a consultation for a breast reduction. Depending upon your insurance  will determine requirements for approval.

Considering breast reduction surgery

+1

Breast reduction can be a very safe and effective surgical procedure when done on the right patient at the right time. Assuming you are in a good state of health, it would be appropriate for you to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. You appear to have a small body frame based on your photo and your height and weight.  Large breasts on small women tend to cause neck and shoulder pain.  If you have surgery and then get pregnant after that, your breast would increase in size during the pregnancy and then decrease in size if you loose your pregnancy weight.   It is not possible to say if you absolutely would or would not be able to breast feed  after a breast reduction surgery, but you need to know that you could have a harder time doing that with surgery.  Patients who have a personal or close family history of breast cancer should consider getting a baseline mammogram before any surgery to their breasts.  Lastly, you would want to discuss scars on your breasts and how you feel with a permanent change to the shape and look of your breasts.  Best of luck to you.

Sean T. Doherty, MD, FACS

Breast reduction very good idea for G cup breasts.

+1

Hi.

You are so  big (and asymmetrical) that I would recommend a breast reduction now.  See a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your breasts may well change with pregnancy, but you can always have a touch up done then.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

See a board certified plastic surgeon

+1

Internists usually play no role in dealing with patients who want a reduction. Talk to a plastic surgeon and see what your options are.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast Reduction at Young Age?

+1

Based on your pictures (demonstrating significant breast hypertrophy and asymmetry) and description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

There are patients who present with “juvenile” breast hypertrophy will benefit from breast reduction surgery ( for both physical and psychosocial reasons) at an early age ( even as teenagers). Patients should consider  carefully the pros and cons of the procedure as well as the potential need for further surgery if the breasts “regrow” in size.

If at all possible, it is best to wait until after completing pregnancies before undergoing breast reduction surgery. Again, doing so will minimize the chances that patients will require further surgery after pregnancy related breast changes. Patients who seek breast augmentation after pregnancy should wait at least 3 to 6 months after they have stopped breast-feeding  him when they have reached their long stable weight.

On the other hand, it can be argued that,  patients with breast hypertrophy benefit from breast reduction surgery prior to pregnancy ( to prevent the symptoms that may occur as the breasts grow even larger during and after pregnancy/breast-feeding).  

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then,  visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on breast surgery and ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.