Please Advise Re Restylane Under my Eyes - I Looked GREAT for the First 4 Days, Now I Look Horrible - Why???? (photo)

I got Restylane under my eyes 8 days ago, had an immediate and great result that lasted 3-4 days. Now I have double dark rings under my eyes and visible tracings of the product. My ps's office says it is NORMAL to look great the first few days, then to change and look like crap the next few days until the product sets. I was told to wait up to 2 weeks to see the final result. Is this true? Thank you for your help. I have a hot date in one week and want to look great!

Please Advise Re Restylane Under my Eyes - I Looked GREAT for the First 4 Days

+1

After fillers it's very common to have swelling for the first 2 weeks, once the area has healed you are able to see your final result. If you are not satisfied with your treatment you can follow up with your provider and have hyluronidase injected to dissolve the product

Restylane under the eyes

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. In general, the final result may not be evident for 2 weeks after the procedure. If you are not satisfied with the result following that time period, it is possible to dissolve any filler that is present with the enzyme hyaluronidase. I would recommend following up with your provider at the 2 week mark and see what they recommend. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane and swelling

+1

It CAN take up to two weeks to see swelling minimize so I would suggest making any changes to it until that time has passed. You can have the provider push into the product or try to subtly soften it, however, you may need to have a consult with a reputable plastic surgeon for optimal under eye rejuvenation.

Sam Naficy, MD

You are not a good candidate for the fillers

+1

The before picture would have been helpful. You have extra skin and sagging of the lower lid tissue. You would get better results from lower eyelid surgery. The worst thing would be to try to place more fillers. If you are unhappy with the filler results 2-3 weeks post surgery, Wydase will reverse the fillers

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Restylane injections under the eyes

+1

Restylane works by attracting fluid.  Eyelids swell very easily so Restylane can swell under the eyes.  Often the swelling settles down after about two weeks.  So I agree you should wait another week or so.  Also, if you have ocular allergies (do your eyes tend to itch in general) it is worth treating that with a good OTC allergy drop like Patanol.  That often helps with swelling.  If all else fails, and the problem does not resolve in a few weeks, the filler may need to be dissolved with hyaluronidase

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

In The Eyelids You Have To Let The Swelling Resolve- It's Only Been a Week After Restylane Injections

+1

It's really hard to answer the question without seeing a photo of what you looked like prior to the injections. If your 5 day picture looks similar to your pre-injection photo with a bit more lumpiness and bruising then it is likely that they simply did not use enough product The initial great result was due to swelling high up into the eyelids- high lower eyelid swelling almost always makes them look really good. As the swelling settles into the bottom part of the lower lid they can look worse. At this point I would recommend you give things another week or so for the swelling to resolve completely before doing anything else. Perhaps it would be best to make an appointment with your injector for next week. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon