5 months post op, my breast tissue is sagging down below implant, which treatment would you recommend? (photos)

365 silimed textured dual plane. 5 months post op. My breast tissue has sagged down below implant. Doc has recommended two options: - peri-areolar lift under local anaesthetic. -fat grafts to add volume in bottom part of breast. The fat grafts sound a bit Frankenstein. He also said there's no guarantee I'll get the result I want. But I've also read that peri-areolar lifts don't give great results. I'm 100% sure I don't lollipop lift as scarring is too much. What would you all recommend?

Implants riding above breast tissue

+1
  • You 100% don't want a vertical lift - so don't have it done.
  • If you wait a full year, you may change your mind.
  • If you must do something now. positioning the implant lower makes sense,
  • If money is not a concern, consider switching to a smooth implant as it can settle, a textured can't.
  • Then if that is not good enough, have the perio-areolar lift under local anesthesia.
  • Fat grafts may make the breast look bottom heavy.
  • Best wishes.

Third option would be to have the implant sit a little lower

+1

A third option would be to have the implant sit a little lower on your chest.  This can be done alone or in combination with a slightly larger implant.  The reason for a larger implant would be to maintain upper pole fullness while giving you more lower pole expansion.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Sagging breast tissue following augmentation

+1
Hi, I agree with my colleagues that you really would benefit from a vertical incision mastopexy (the "lollipop" incision).  I'm not sure that fat grafting is necessary in your case.  If you decide on just a peri-areolar incision, my concern is that you won't have enough of a lift of your tissues.  You appear to have some extra skin in the lower pole of the breast, and this is the tissue that would be excised with a vertical lift.  I suggest having a frank discussion with your surgeon about your goals and what you are willing to trade off to achieve them.  Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

5 months post op

+1
If you do not care for your nipple position a breast lift will improve this. You will need to decide if the resulting scars are worth the improvement though. It does look like you will need a vertical mastopexy if you do decide on a lift.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Lift

+1
If you really want your breast tissues to sit on the implant a lift is what you need.  A periareolar lift will usually move the nipple a few centimeters.  A full vertical lift will move it more.  In addition placement of a larger implant may provide a minor amount of lift.  Good luck!

Adam Saad, MD
Atlantic City Plastic Surgeon

5 months post op, my breast tissue is sagging down below implant, which treatment would you recommend?

+1
Thank you for the question and photos!  It does appear in your postoperative photos that your breast tissue is drooping over the implant giving you such a deformity.  At 5 months postoperatively, it is unlikely that this will improve with time, and certainly may worsen.  I am unsure what your preoperative discussion with your surgeon included, but your preoperative photos do demonstrate significant ptosis (sagging) of the breasts with the nipple-areolar complex at an already lowered position prior to your procedure.  A breast lift certainly would have been indicated at that time, with an implant alone unlikely to correct that much of a ptotic breast.  

I do agree that a breast lift should be considered to provide you the most aesthetically-pleasing breast shape, in order to reposition your nipple to a more appropriate position, and at the most projecting part of your breast.  With as much ptosis as you still have and what appears to be some laxity of skin, a vertical mastopexy (such as a "lollipop") would give you the best result.  Scars on the breast do heal very well and the vertical incision is well-concealed.  Otherwise, a periareolar lift to purse-string the areola would also be reasonable to improve the shape, but may not yield the same result as a vertical lift.  I do not believe fat grafting would correct the appearance that you have.  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes and good luck with your decision!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD