Please advise if keloid removal by rubber band is reliable?

I have a huge keloid on each side of my lobe...I truly cannot afford surgery. I'm so desperate I'm considering the rubberband method. Please advise if they will really fall off.

Keloid on Ear

+1
Nothing will remove this type of keloid except for surgery.  Injections with steroid can be mildly helpful but often leave a distoreted apperance.  Wait till you can afford and then get the procedure done, you will be happy you did.  It is a process however, keloids can recur, so you want to go to a physcian with experience in treating keloids and the appropriate follow up care.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.