Please Advise on Eurosilicone Breast Implants, Are the Safe?

Please advise on the safety and integrity of these particular ones. Also which ones do you consider the Rolls Royce of breast implants? Thanks

Eurosilicone Implants

+4

Eurosilicone implants are manufactured in France and sold throughout much of the world EXCEPT the United States. Most physicians in the United States will have no real in depth knowledge of these implants. The company has been operation for a number of years and claims to follow all recommended manufacturing standards for their products. The main issue is to avoid the placement of PIP implants. This is another French company whose manufacturing standards are alleged to be below acceptable. A number of patients have suffered ruptured implants and early investigations into the company point to illegal manufacturing processes and corporate wrongdoing. These implants were never approved for use in the U.S. either. I hope this makes things a little more clear. Dr Harrell

Euro silicone not the problem

+3

Dear Betty, the euro silicone does not seem to be the problem so I would not be concerned.  Those implants are not FDA approved in the USA so I am not that familiar with them.  If you have any concerns by all means contact your plastic surgeon.  Remember that implants don,t last forever and should be exchanged every 10-15 years at the most (FDA recommends 10).  Good luck and try not to worry, dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Advice on Eurosilicone Breast Implants?

+2

Eurosilicone implants are manufactured in France and sold throughout much of the world EXCEPT the United States. These implants are not approved by the FDA in the U.S and are therefore not placed during breast augmentation here.  The company has been in operation for a number of years and claims to follow all recommended manufacturing standards for their products.  I just removed a pair of EuroSilicone Saline implants from a patient of mine that had the implants put in while in German over 16 years ago. She had no problems with them, except that one just recently deflated.  I removed these saline implants and replaced them with Allergan Silicone implants instead. The old implants looked good, but were slightly more firm than saline implants that I am used to seeing. They were also textured surface implants. She was very happy with her implants until they ruptured.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

PIP Implant Removal

+2

If you have PIP implants, then they should be removed.  You may want to check with your insurance company to see if they will cover the removal procedure.  For some patients, they are covering the removal but not replacement with new implants.  In this case, it would be your responsibility.  These implants were manufactured in France and were never FDA approved but were implanted in women outside of USA.  Eurosilicone breast implants are approved in Europe but not in the USA.  In the USA, Mentor and Allergan implants are FDA approved and very safe.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Eurosilicone Breast Implants

+2

Eurosilicone  is a a French breast implant manufacturer that is not related to Poly Implants Prothese (PIP).

The current safety warnings are about the PIP implants and anyone with these implants in place should have them removed.  There are no such warnings about Eurosilicone.

Implants produced by Eurosilicone, are CE marked, Class III medical devices and meet all standards specific to breast implants in Europe.  However, they are not FDA approved for implantation in the United States.  The only breast implants Currently approved in the US are made by Allergan and Mentor.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon