Please Advise on Alarplasty, if It Can Be Done and Rhinoplasty for my Nose? (photo)

I always thought my nostrils were too big or flared. Please advise if a reduction in nostril flare is needed. Would I need alarplasty?

Or would an overall rhinoplasty create a more natural result and feminine profile. I've never been happy with my profile, by the way.

Thanks so much.

Alarplasty

+1

You may be very happy with a rhinoplasty alone.  You would benefit from hump reduction and tip narrowing.   An alarplasty  may or may not be needed.  I evaluate each case at the end of the rhinoplasty to decide if alar reduction is necessary.  It can also be done later as a minor procedure.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Alarplasty

+1

Alarplasty may also improve the tip droop your lateral (profile) photo you included

You have a slightly broad central nose which could be more noticeable if only your tip is corrected 

William J. Welsh, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based upon the series of posted photos I would recommend a full rhinoplasty to improve for feminine  appearance. As for wedges or alarplasty might not do at rhinoplasty to see after 3 months healing your appearance. If you are not happy with the nostrils than under ;local anesthesia do the alar. 

Rhinoplasty options to treat nostrils

+1

From your photos I can see how refining your bridge could help modify your profile and create a more feminine look.

I think that addressing the fullness of your tip itself may be very high yield when it comes to treating your tip. An alar base reduction wouldn't necessarily be required. I do find that at times a very conservative alar wedge excision can be done to further balance out the tip.

The decision of whether this would be worthwhile is best made during your consultation with your surgeon using digital morphing to simulate narrowing the nostrils.

You can learn more about nostril reduction at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Possible Alarplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

In reviewing your photographs It appears that you would do well to have a comprehensive rhinoplasty performed.  Essential components of the procedure would include removing some of your dorsal hump, narrowing of the nasal bones, refinement of the tip, and also a nostril sill resection, which would help the nostril flaring.  

Michael Sundine, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You have a nice Greek/Roman nose. Unfortunately that was the beauty 2000 years ago. Rhinoplasty is the answer; reduction of the bony hump, slight tip elevation and refinement of your tip. And voila ! you'll have a beautiful nose for the the 21st century. Your alae are fine. Get more than one consult.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alarplasty with Rhinoplasty

+1

You can achieve a natural, proportional result by eliminating your hump, refining your tip, and raising your slightly sagging tip. Minimal alarplasty to decrease the asymmetrical flare of your nostril rim will be helpful; the base of your nose is not too wide. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Rhinoplasty and maybe alarplasty

+1

Based solely on your photos, it looks like you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. I do not think you need an alarplasty based upon the photos, although an in person evaluation may be different.

Nostril asymmetry

+1

I think you are an excellent rhinoplasty candidate. Small changes to the nose, like lowering the dorsum, narrowing the tip and fixing the infralobular asymmetry of your nostrils would make your nose more attractive. I do not think you need an "alarplasty."

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

rhinoplasty and alar plasty

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving down the hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. A minimal amount of narrowing of the tip could also be performed as well. Overall projection of the nose can be decreased. An alar plasty is not required. Virtual rhinoplasty software and our rhinoplasty photo gallery are located on the link below