Can i replace my exisiting 30 year old chin implant with a new one at the same time?

i think it would be very traumatic to have to wait to replace an existing implant with a new one. i have tried fillers, but they do not last, and can be quite costly in the long run. my exiting chin is fine, in that there is no infection or swelling. could i have it replaced with a new one at the same time?

Chin Implant may be Repalced

+2

Dear Ms. Mmi, Yes your existing implant may be removed and a new one replaced at the same time. It would be helpful to your surgeon to know what type of implant you had placed in thirty years ago if you know or are able to find out from your past surgeon. Yes you are correct fillers become costly and replacing your implant is an option to the continued expenses. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Replacing Old Chin Implant

+1

Over the last 35 years I've seen many patients who came to me requesting that a chin implant be replaced for multiple different reasons. It can be done with reliable excellent results.

Chin implant replacement

+1

It is a relatively simple procedure to remove and replace an old chin implant in one operation. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Replacing chin implant

+1

Yes, you can certainly replace your implant with a new one all at the same time. You'd want to discuss with your surgeon your goals on how much augmentation you desire in the area. It'll probably be hard to find out what exact type of implant you currently have, but if you do have that information it would be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/chin-augmentation

Replacing Existing 30 Year-Old Chin Implant

+1

Switching out your existing chin implant for a new one is common and would be done at the same time, whether it is done from an incision below the chin or through the mouth. You want to be certain, however, that your new implant has the additional dimensions that you desire to achieve an improved look rather than a minimal change. Normally, it would be a good idea to bring old records from your original surgery to your new surgeon. But at 30 years old this is not going to be possible. With such an old chin implant it is likely that it is very small and a central button style.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Can existing implant be removed and replaced with a new one at same time?

+1

Because you state that there is no medical problem with your existing chin implant, there is no reason that it could not be removed and replaced with a new one at the same time.  The difficulty may be in deciding what new implant to use because your existing implant will alter the appearance of what your chin really looks like.  As previously mentioned, knowing the type and size of your existing implant would be helpful.    

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon