Is Playing the Saxophone and the Pressure That Comes Up with Blowing a Problem when You Have Had an Upper Eyelid Correction?

I have had an upper eyelid correction 2 weeks ago. When you have a prostate operation, you are not allowed to blow your saxophone for 6 weeks. Most pressure you feel in your stomach, but also in your face. I was wondering if the wound is still vulnerable and that you can worsen the results of the operation. I still feel a tightness in my eyelids, and I want to be sure that it is no problem for the wound. I hope I expressed my concern better than 2 days ago to Michael I Echavez.

+2

Playing a musical instrument such as a sax does not generate as much pressure as a brass instrument but it does give a controlled release Valsalva maneuver. I would lay off the horn for a few weeks.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery and saxophone playing

+2

Playing an instrument like a saxophone requires a lot of energy and exertion and may increase pressure in the face.  This is probably not good during the early post-op period.