I Am A Roller Hockey Goalie and Am Hit In My Chest Protector at 50-100 MPH. Am I A Candidate For BA?

I wear a chest plate which covers my chest area but I was wondering could I have a chest enlargement . Balls hit my chest over 50-100 mph . Was wondering if I could still get it

Impact sports and breast augmentation

+1

There are a lot of female athletes that get breast augmentation.  Implants, both saline and silicone, are resilient to trauma.  The type of trauma that usually ruptures an implant is often strong enough to break ribs.  I say go ahead and get a consultation and see what your options are. 

Dr Repta

Best candidates for breast augmentation

+1

Breast implants, saline or silicone gel filled silicone shell implants are medical devices that need to be taken care of. I do not suggest subjecting them to repetitive trauma even with a chest sheield. These are medical devices that have shel failure over time without trauma. It seems counter intuitive to knowingly subject them to this trauma.

Laurie Casas, MD

Breast Implants and Trauma?

+1

Despite your profession I think you will still be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery if you so choose.  Very major force (such as motor vehicle accidents)  are necessary to rupture the current breast implants. I'm sure you will hear the jokes that the implants may actually be protective of your underlying skeletal structures.You may need an adjustment of your chest protector size as well.

If you decide to proceed with breast augmentation surgery make sure you communicate with your plastic surgeon clearly to avoid  breast implants that are too large and interfere with your activities while, on the other hand, avoiding the most  common regret ( “I wish I was bigger”).

Contact Sports and Breast Implants

+1

Approved breast implants are very resilient. They can be expected to easily withstand the trauma associated with any sporting activity.

Your role as a roller hockey hockey, however, should not prevent you from undergoing breast augmentation surgery. Of course, you should advise your plastic surgeon of your sporting pursuit to help assure that the most suitable type of implant, skin incision site and implant position can be selected.

Good luck!

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation is certainly possible.  A chest protector should provide reasonable protection to your implants during sports.

Could breast implants save your life

+1

Breast implants are very durable and women of all professional walks of life wear them safely. With 100mph projectiles hitting your chest there is an argument for premature leakage of an implant, though as I just read on the Internet this week, your breast implant just may save your life.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd

Candidate for BA with repeated trauma

+1

Dear Shewolf91,

Any trauma to an area of breast augmentation surgery may lead to implant rupture(even thought it is unlikely) and or the formation of hematomas in the area that may lead to capsular contractures.  These contractures may be painful, rigid, and cause a poor aesthetic appearance.  The choice is yours as to whether you want to risk these complications.  As always consult a local surgeon and obtain their opinions.

Dr. Hayn

Ernesto Hayn, MD

+1

I have had several female law enforcement agents who wear bullet proof vests as Breast Augmentation patients. They were able to get NEW better fitting vests after surgery and continue doing their jobs. I am assuming Hockey chest protectors ALSO come in various sizes and do not see this as disqualifying you from having a Breast Augmentation.

By the way, I hope you are wearing a strong helmet as well.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Breast trauma after breast implants

+1

well, there is a potential for earlier implant rupture than if you did not do that, even with a chest protector.

Julio Garcia, MD