Can I Play Ball Hockey Now?

hi, im a 20 year old male. i had septo-rhinoplasty done 16 days ago. the swelling of the tip of my nose is still there and the tip is still tender/sensitive to touch. i find i can breathe okay but still a bit congested. i feel fine and im itching to play. i just dont want to disrupt anything going on in my nose if i do play. is there anything thing that can go wrong? i will be wearing a visor that covers up untill the end of my nose, but the only thing that can hit my nose would be a high stick

Don't risk unnecessary injury.

+1

I agree with the other doctors: you should wait for a 4-6 weeks for things to settle. But think of it this way: you will have to wait much longer for the Maple Leafs to win a Stanley Cup, so in comparison...But at least you have a team in Winnipeg now!

No strenuopus activity for 1 month after Rhinoplasty.

+1

No, strenuous activity for 1 month after a Rhinoplasty is not permitted with any of my Rhinoplasty patients.  You can and should ask your own surgeon but IMHO, this will only increase the blood flow to the face and nose creating more swelling...not to mention the risk of the ball, person or stick hitting and damaging your nose.  All in all, not a good idea, IMHO.

Risky Business

+1

16 days is still early to be risking disruption of bone and cartilage. You should wait at least 2-4 weeks more to participate in active contact sports. Sensitivity to touch is you body's way of telling you, "wait a bit more".

Elliot M. Heller, MD