How Soon Will is Be Plausible That I Will Up and About After Combo Lipo & BA (Squatting, Sitting at Weird Angles Etc)

I'm a "lifestyle" portrait photographer, meaning I'm always moving (quick walking, lots of squatting, climbing around on slippery rocks, walking an hour+ etc.) I will be receiving flank/outer thigh tumsc. lipo & silicone/under implants on March 15th. I know everyone heals at different rates, but how long until I'm able to move, squat & walk for long periods of time comfortably? I expect at least 2.5 weeks, is this unreasonably short to expect to be back at work?

Concern about return to specific activities required for profession

+2

The point at which you may be able to or feel that you can do the activities that you described may or may not be shorter than the time that your surgeon has recommended that you limit such activities. More relevant for you, therefore, is what are the restrictions with regard to time and activities that your surgeon has recommended for you,

Generally, I place restrictions on my patients for 3 weeks and the activities that you describe can usually be engaged in by most women by that same period of time.

Breast Augmentation and Liposuction Back to Work Time

+1

Time off of work for breast augmentation and liposcution procedures depends on the type of work performed.  Typically, most patients can return to work in approximately one week.  

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Return to work by 3 weeks is realistic.

+1

The discomfort with surgery usually is fading by the end of the 2nd week, so by 3 weeks you should able to resume your active lifestyle.  You may have some areas which feel tight in the areas of liposuction and your chest muscles may still be somewhat sore but slight modifications of your routine should make it manageable.  As time passes, so will your memory of any discomfort.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Down time after lipo and breast augmentation

+1
Three weeks is a very reasonable time to expect to be back at doing what you want to. You may still experience an occasional pain or discomfort for months, but they should gradually stop. Usually by 6-12 weeks, my patients tell me they don't even think about their implants any more, they are just part of them.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon