Platysmaplasty-Mini Neck Lift Didn't Much Improve My Weak Neck to Chin Angle. What Can I Do?

I got a mini neck lift that included liposuction under and over the platysma muscles as well as along the jawline. I had the muscles stitched and I also had a medium chin implant. But the angle under my chin is still virtually the SAME! I wanted a 85-90 degree angle, but this is still sloping at 45. I want definitely need a revision because I am no less self-conscious after spending 10k! Can he stitch it tighter, or cut some muscle? I have to pull it up with my fingers and get the result I want.

+1

These issues are difficult to determine without an exam.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php

Platysmaplasty and weak cervicomental angle

+1

Hello! Without seeing many pictures I cannot comment as to your results but I do agree with others in that your happiness is of paramount importance.

There are some reasons as to why your neck-chin angle can still be blunted. One of these is that the fat underneath the platysma was not adressed. If this is not removed then there still will be fullness underneath the platysma even if it is tightened in the midline.

Other reasons may just be anatomical in nature. If you have a low hyoid bone then your result will always be less than ideal. If you have really prominent digastric muscles or low submandibular (salivary glands) this can also add fullness to the region. Im sure additional visits to your surgeon can help. Good luck to you!

Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift can be very effective.

+1

Hi.

1)  If you are not happy, then result is not satisfactory.  Cannot tell you why. One thing, the fat under the platysma is not removed with liposuction.  It needs to be cut out.

2)  Exactly what is done depends on your anatomy.  Everyone has a "bad neck" for a different anatomical reason.  In three months you will see the final result.

+1

Photos, of the chin and neck before and after would help in the evaluation.  If the chin was augmented with a properly sized and positioned chin implant, the fat was removed with micro-lipo and the muscles were plicated....the only thing left to remove would be excess skin.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/ChinImplants.html

Platysmaplasty didn't improve neck enough

+1

Hi Johnson.  I am sorry you are disappointed with your result.  Without before and after pictures, it is hard to give an opinion.  Did you surgeon make an incision under your chin?  Was your SMAS treated?  Surgical options for correcting you problem may include these steps.  I suggest you see your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

NECKLIFT

+1

Tough to get a perfect result but sounds like you had a nice procedure. If you want the skin tight you will need a traditional neck lift with incisions behind your ears