Should Each Plastic Surgery Treatment be Listed Separately on Consent Form?

if getting lower eyelid surgery,forehead lift,midface lift should they all be listed seperately on consent form?

If getting lower eyelid surgery,forehead lift,midface lift should they all be listed seperately on consent form?

+1

RE - "if getting lower eyelid surgery,forehead lift,midface lift should they all be listed seperately on consent form?"

It seems to me this question would best be answered by a legal professional.

The "consent form", as you referred to it, is actually a permission form in which you officially allow a doctor  to perform a medical procedure. It does not take the place of the (informed) consent process in which the surgeon explains to the patient what procedures he/she plans on performing along with their potential complications in a language the patient understands and the patient then decides if to accept these risks and proceed with the procedures or or not.

For legal purposes, the medical record should reflect this discussion and which procedures will be done. From a patient's point of view, I would feel more comfortable if every procedure to be done is listed on the operative permit to remove the possibility of any last minute confusion in the operating room.