Do I Need Plastic Surgery or is There Any Other Way to Get Rid of Scratches on my Nose? (photo)

Hi, I got an accident when i was a baby(2 years) in that case i got stitches on my nose upper skin, now i am 25 years old. i feeling very bad with that when i attend seminars and meetings. so I want to get rid of it and get smoother like my original nose. how much does it cost , what is the best place to go. please suggest me , i don't care even if it is expensive.. pleae look at my pictures for reference. Thank you

Improving my nose

+1

yes your nose can be improved. I recommend reshaping your nose and nasal cartilages and shaving down your thick nasal skin with scar revisions of all of the nasal scars. This may need to be done in stages but you will be improved.

Do I Need Plastic Surgery or is There Any Other Way to Get Rid of Scratches on my Nose?

+1

The main issue is a deficit of skin or nasal "cover". This has resulted in the contour deformity of your nose. Depending upon the injury, you might also be missing some of the underlying cartilage structure of your nose. To remedy this you would benefit from revision of the upper part of the scar. To repair the depressed area at a minimum you would need rearrangement of the remaining nasal skin to provide adequate skin the cover the area and potentially cartilage graft to strengthen the structure of your nose. It is also possible that the skin deficit is large enough that you might require skin to be borrowed from your forehead. Regardless, you would likely require 2-3 stages of procedures to repair your nose which would require 6-12 weeks or longer to complete. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for posting photos. You need surgical intervention to improve the appearance of these scars and contour deformity.