Are There Any Plastic Surgery Schools That Offer a Discount on Tummy Tucks Near Atlanta?

I am very petite 5 foot 2 and 124lbs but after having a child (10 years ago) I can't get rid of that extra belly fat (very minimal) well the wrinkly stomach with the excess skin. I can't afford to pay full price out of pocket for a tummy right now and since I am a new homeowner, my debt to income ratio-creditors won't give me more credit. I frankly don't want any more credit (want to pay debt off not accumulate more). I have heard that their are schools that will do procedures for a lower cost.

Plastic Surgery Schools That Offer a Discount on Tummy Tucks Near Atlanta

+3

In Atlanta, Emory University would be a possibility for a reduced fee as are the vast majority of Resident's clinics at university training programs in Plastic Surgery.

Emory A Good Bet

+2

I agree that Emory would be the first place to start.  They have an excellent training program, and I am sure there resident clinic is supervised by the attending staff.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

+2

I would contact the local university to see if there is a resident clinic.  Look at Emory.

Robert D. Goldstein, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Having Discounted Surgery by Plastic Surgeons in Training

+2
The vast majority of university training programs in Plastic Surgery have a Residents' Clinic where the fees are discounted to attract more price conscious people. Emory University has a long tradition of Plastic Surgery excellence and I would be very confident that you could not do better than their residents' clinic. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea

Any Plastic Surgery Schools That Offer a Discount on Tummy Tucks Near Atlanta

+2

Residency programs offer the Plastic surgery residents the opportunity to operate. An attending Plastic Surgeon is in the operating room to advise and teach. Fees are less on average. The savings can be around 50%. Call the Emory University Dept of Plastic Surgery. 

Resident clinics in plastic surgery

+2

You might call Emory to see if their plastic surgery training program has a "resident clinic" at this point.  I know when I was there 25 years ago, we did discounted cosmetic surgery at Crawford Long and at Grady.  Good luck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Emory University Plastic Surgery Training Program

+1

As suggested below, Emory university has a great plastic surgery residency training program. Consider contacting the plastic surgery department there and inquiring into plastic surgery in their resident's clinic.

Check at Emory for possible discounted tummy tuck in Atlanta

+1

Although I am a clinical professor of plastic surgery at Emory, I don't know if they have a resident's clinic.  I suspect that they do.  To find out, call the office of Dr. Grant Carlson at Emory and inquire.  You probably would have to go to Grady Hospital for the surgery. 

Residents clinic-free plastic surgery?

+1

If you want to see if a residency program offers a "residents clinic" I would check to see what medical schools in your area have a  plastic surgery program,call them and see what they might require to become a patient.There probably would be soem charges.Also inquire to see if the residents are supervised.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Discounted Plastic Surgery

+1

Beware of discounted Plastic Surgery. Do you want a student doing your cosmetic surgery? You get what you pay for. If you don't have the finances, wait until you do. What if you suffer a complication or need a revision? You are financially responsible for that. I would recommend only a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Hayley Brown, MD