Will Remission Interfere with Plastic Surgery?

I have been in remission for 16 months. I am wondering, does that interfere with any plastic surgery procedures I might want done? I am thinking of getting my eyes done or maybe a mini lift.

Remission

+1

Fantastic for you! Remission is great...but a surgeon who plans on operating on you will need to know what disease you "were" suffering from prior to engaging in a procedure. This is because the medications used for "maintenance" of your remission state may have deleterious effects on your recovery from surgery.

I suggest you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, disclose to them your medical history (it may be wise to have your pertinent medical records available prior to the visit) and discuss your candidacy and appropriateness for surgery.

I hope this helps!

Dr. C

Need to know what you are in remission from

+1

I would be glad to give you my opinion, but you need to be clearer about what you mean by "remission".  You may email me at our website with more specifics and I will be glad to answer your question.

www.zubowicz.com

Web reference: http://www.atlantacenterforplasticsurgery.com