How Much Wait Time Between Two Different Procedures by Two Different Doctors?

I would like to have 2 plastic surgery procedures by 2 surgeons at seperate times. Considering I'm healthy, How long should I wait in between the two surgeries (mammoplasty and liposuction - flanks, waist, stomach, arms)? Going to the same surgeon for both is not an option, I like the way one does mammoplasty and the other liposuction. Could you explain why if there is a wait time in between 2 procedures, why is it any different from getting the procedures done at the same time?

Multiple procedures

+1

If you do not wnat the work all done by the same person( which would be a nice idea), then I would wait a few months between procedures so that you heal properly for each.

Having multiple procedures at different times

+1

If you are having two separate major rocedures from two different surgeons then you should wait at least 1 to 2 months between procedures.  The reason for waiting is that you need to fully recover from the first procedure.  Any procedure causes swelling and inflammation, so you would not want to undergo a second procedure while you are still waiting for the tissues to settle or the swelling to resolve.  Also, the procedures are elective, so why have two anesthesias so close together?  Most likely whatever you decide to do or however long you wait, you will probably be fine.  These are just recommendations.  Good luck. 

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Combined Procedures

+1

The one option is to get it done at the same time if your surgeons can work out a schedule and if they both are on staff at the surgery center.  If not then I would do the Breast Augmentation after the liposuction if the liposuction entails being placed on your stomach for the surgery.  Other wise you can do either.

I typically want my patient to have recovered from the initial surgery and that all wound healing is going well before moving forth with another surgery.  So about 4 weeks is what I choose. 

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/

Separating liposuction and mammaplasty

+1

I agree in prioritizing your desires. Do the procedure that means the most to you first just in case you are prevented from getting the other for whatever possible reason. Then I would consult with the two surgeons who should be in sync. I would suspect that it would be a bit more logical to do the liposuction first since if you recover without problems, the mammaplasty would be less affected. If you did the mammaplasty first, even if you heal without problems, it might be more risky to do all the positioning necessary for the liposuction. Your breast surgeon might not want to have you lie on your breasts in order to do liposuction of your flanks two weeks post-op.

Waiting period between 2 Different Cosmetic Operations

+1

The operations you wish Liposuction and Breast Augmentations are done together all the time. Since you want to split your procedures between different surgeons you need to ask yourself which operation would you prefer to recover from first. Everyone has their own pain tolerance and different women will tell you different recovery stories.

Few people will be willing to have another cosmetic surgery the next day but may be willing to do it a month to a few years after the first operation. It is totally up to you. Personally, I would advise you to allow enough recovery time to pass to allow you an easier recovery for the second operation.