Plastic Surgery a Good Choice for a 21 Yr Old? (photo)

This has been a debate with my mother and i for a while now- im 5'1 with a size 38g breast- im very petite- i am looking to have a breast reduction, and move the fat from my breast to my buttock?? Please provide me with advice. Thank You

Not a good idea to transfer breast fat to the buttocks

+1

I do not recommend harvesting fat from your breasts to place into the buttocks. Removing fat from the breasts may harvest breast tissue along with fat, which may survive transfer to the buttocks. Long term monitoring of your buttocks would be impossible. Transferred breast tissue could theoretically survive and transform into breast cancer someday. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Breast reduction - a source for fat grafting?

+1

Generally, young ladies who are having a breast reduction have a breast that is mostly made up of firm, glandular tissue, with relatively little fat.  Even if you tried to use a liposuction device on the breast, you wouldn't get very much fat out - the breast tissue is too thick to suction.  There wouldn't be enough fat to make a fat transfer worthwhile, in most cases.

So, if you want to enhance the buttock, you'll have to find another area to borrow fat from.

Best of luck with the breast reduction!

Thomas Fiala, MD