I Need Plastic Surgery for an Oil Burnt Scar on my Thigh Do You Always Have to Take Skin from the Buttocks for the Surgery?

I Need Plastic Surgery for an Oil Burnt Scar on my Thigh Do You Always Have to Take Skin from the Buttocks for the Surgery

Donor site for skin grafting

+1

The donor site for skin grafting is something that can usually be discussed and negotiated with your surgeon. It is not usually necessary to take skin from the buttocks. There are a variety of other places on the body that are usually suitable and will not be as sore to sit on immediately after the surgery. I recommend that you discuss your preferences of donor site (donor site = where the skin is taken from) with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon