Plastic Surgery for Laceration?

Hi, Yesterday I had an accident at about 11 p.m where the car bumped in a pole due to dark and rain.I was on the back seat and I was wearing a crystal hairband.I guess the crystal from the hairband caused a deep cut 3cm by 0.5 cm To minimize scarring doctor suggested plastic surgeon who is unavailable today due to sunday.I would like to know that is it ok to have it done a little later like 30 hrs later to when it happened? I am wearing steri strips now.Do I need to get dressing changed often?

Laceration repair

+2

I would recommend you seek having the lacerations repaired or sown up sooner than later. Plastic surgeons, Facial plastic surgeons and Dermatologists all have formal training in repairing lacerations. Call around and see if there is one you can get in with sooner.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgery for laceration

+2

It is best to have a laceration repaired as soon as possible after the injury.  There is a risk of infection if the wound is repaired too late.  If you are set on having a plastic surgeon repair your wound, I would look for another one that is available now.  You could try looking for a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  I would not recommend closing the wound 30 hours after the injury.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laceration repair on the face and forehead

+1

Laceration repairs on the face often respond well to layered plastic surgery closure.  If a plastic surgeon is not available, ask the emergency room if there is an alternate emergency specialist. A plastic surgeon can then follow up with you afterwards. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS