Could Plastic Surgery Fix Congenital Ptosis?

I have already had surgery on my left eyelid but it didn't fix it completely so I was woundering if plastic surgery would be an option please and thankyou

Fixing congenital ptosis

+1

Congenital ptosis can be difficult to fix. However the techniques to fix it are a type of plastic surgery. In some patients, an incision is made through the eyelid on the outside and the muscle is moved forward. In other patients, an incision is made on the inside of the eyelid. A third technique involves suspending the eyelid from the brows. Find a local oculoplastic surgeon. They are the most experienced surgeons to fix congenital ptosis.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital Ptosis

+1

Absolutely. Congenital ptosis is surgically correctable, but it is a more challenging type of ptosis. The levator muscle, the muscle that elevates the eyelid, is often underdeveloped in congenital ptosis. Depending on the severity of this, the level of correction may be compromised.

Usually, however, it can be improved.

I recommend consultation with an Oculoplastics surgeon. I have provided a link below to help you find one.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital ptosis repair

+1

The short answer to your question is yes. Surgery can correct ptosis whether it is congenital in nature or the result of aging. That being said I would seek an expert in ptosis repair in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon