Dermatological or Surgical Correction of Dent on Nose?

I poked a pimple with a needle, causing the blood vessel directly under to become dilated. A dermatologist biopsied part of the skin, and shaved off the dilated part of the vessel. A dent developed where the blood vessel had been removed.

After 5 months, I decided to go back to see if it was healing okay. He told me lasers could get rid of the redness. Six months later, I still have a noticeable dent on my nose. What dermatological / surgical options do I have to correct, eliminate or lessen the noticeability of the indentation?

Skin depression following biopsy

+1

Any technique using fillers would likely be temporary other than your own body fat. Being precise with fat is often difficult due to the inability to predict fat survival. I generally prefer an excision (surgery) but the trade-off is a linear surgical scar (which possibly can be covered with make-up) or having the depression.

Biopsy "dent"

+1

A depresion from a biopsy is not uncommon when a shave is performed.  If it was benign, which I presume it was, a filler product of even fat may be able to be placed in the subuctaneous plane to help augment the depression.

Post Biopsy "dents"

+1

Depending on the size and the location of the "dent" in the nose, a surgical approach or fillers would be acceptable. Remember that fillers are temporary and, if possible, a more permanent improvement would be a surgical approach. You will still have a scar but with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist experienced in cosmetic surgery, this shoud be minimally noticed.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Surgical repair

+1

It sounds to me like you have a divot from the biopsy, especially if a shave biopsy technique was utilized. This usually responds best to a  simple surgical repair. Sure the area might be treated with fillers, but for a permanent solution I would recommend the surgical approach.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist